"A Place Called Here" by Cecelia Ahern


A Place Called Here by Cecelia Ahern

Chick Lit
Paperback, 485 pages
Published March 1st 2012 by HarperTorch

This story is about a somewhat neurotic woman named Sandy Shortt who runs a missing person's agency in Ireland. She is obsessed with finding lost objects and always has been--At least since she was ten years old and her neighbour disappeared without a trace. However, along the way, she herself becomes lost. She finds herself in the land where lost things go--a place called Here.

This was a light novel that had more... whimsy then I was in the mood for when I read it. It wasn't bad, and was often quite enjoyable. However, I didn't find there was anything particularly special about the book. It's a neat idea, but I didn't find it as engaging in practice as I had expected it to be. It is a suitable companion for a trip to the beach, but if you are looking for anything more than that, maybe you ought to look elsewhere.

Labels: ,