"The Constant Princess" by Philippa Gregory

The Constant Princess (The Tudor Court, #1)
The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory
Historical Fiction

This was my first taste of Gregory's Tudor Court series. Although it is not technically the first book in the series, I have decided to read them chronologically. This one follows Catalina, Princess of Spain who was betrothed to the Prince of England and Wales basically since birth. The story chronicles the hard life she had, and later introduces us to the court of the notorious Henry VIII. I was slightly confused with the ending, because I personally know next to nothing about Katherine of Argon, Queen of England. But I'm sure the pieces will be fully put together when I read The Other Boleyn Girl as that is technically the first book in the series.


I liked this book. Found it really enjoyable. It isn't my favourite Philippa Gregory book so far, but I still really liked it. I knew almost nothing about Katherine of Argon so it was pretty interesting to learn about her life. I've heard some people complain about the narrator in the story, saying the main character is really annoying. I didn't find that. She had her flaws, of course, but she wasn't nearly as annoying as Margaret Beaufort in The Red Queen!


My Rating: B

Labels: , , ,