"Déjà Dead" by Kathy Reichs

Déjà Dead (Temperance Brennan, #1)Déjà Dead by Kathy Reichs
Mystery, Suspense, Forensic, Crime

This novel is about forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. Working in Montréal, she examines several skeletons with many troubling similarities. She believes there is a link between these murders. Perhaps these women were killed by the same person--Does Montréal have a serial killer on its hands? Although Dr. Brennan sees these similarities, she has trouble convincing the police. As she searches for evidence to persuade the police, pieces of the puzzle start falling into place. As she gets closer to the truth, she puts herself, her best friend, and her daughter in the crosshairs of a psychopath.


When I found out that the show Bones was based on a series of books, I had to pick the first one up. Although not quite the same as the show, I found the book compelling and interesting. There was one similarity, however, that was not as interesting in a book: there were a lot of technical descriptions. Also, there was more swearing in it than I would have liked. Even still, I enjoyed it because the plot kept me guessing.


It's times like these I wish goodreads had half stars in their ratings. I more than liked this novel, but I'm not sure I would go as far as to say i really liked it. It certainly was a page turner, but sometimes the excitement was tiring. If you like murder mysteries, I would recommend this one.


Content warning: Explicit language.


My Rating: B


Labels: , , , , ,